Welcome to our customer services page
Here you will find all you need to know about our cards, about ordering from us, our delivery and how to contact us if you need to get in touch.
Frequently asked questions
1. When you order from us
2. Sizes, supply and pricing of products
3. Delivery and order cut-off times
4. Changing or cancelling an order
5. Returns, refunds and re-print/re-send
6. Contacting customer services
8. Keeping up to date with changes to our terms
1. When you order from us
1.1 Our terms and conditionsWhen you order from our you're agreeing to our term and conditions as stated in our "Terms and Conditions" page.
1.2 Product description and output variations
We endeavour to make sure that every product on www.cards2Lanka.com is shown accurately and that prices are correct. However, occasionally there may be minor variations in colour, typefaces and layout in the printed product.
1.3 Placing an order with us
A contract for the purchase of a product is created as follows:
- The User places the order on the online store pressing the “Pay Now” ("Checkout") at the end of the checkout process
- Our products are either “personalised products” i.e. the order includes content selected by the User or “standard products” which does not include any content selected by the User.
- By confirming your order, you are agreeing to purchase the product you have selected
- At this point, we take payment for your order through your nominated payment method
- We will send to you a "Thank you for your purchase!" email detailing your order, and other information as applicable.
From time to time, we may have to cancel your order for the following reasons:
- If, unfortunately, we do not have your chosen product in stock
- Where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment
- If there has been a relevant pricing or product description error
- If your order otherwise breaches any of the requirements of these Terms
- The use of images for a personalised product which is corrupted, unsupported technically or inadequately pixelated
- If a personalised product you wish to order contains anything which contravenes, or appears to contravene, our Content Rules (see below our Content Rules)
- Due to the Licensing Act 2003, we are not permitted to sell alcoholic products to anyone under 18. We may refuse an order or a delivery of alcoholic items at our discretion. By placing an order for alcohol, you confirm that both you and the person the order is to be sent to are aged 18 years or over
- We suspect that the order has been placed fraudulently
- It appears that the order mistakenly duplicates another order
If your order is rejected, we will contact you to confirm this and reverse the payment you have made for that order.
Please be aware that we may exclude or prevent an individual Account, User, email address or other identifiers from making purchases or otherwise interacting with us where we reasonably suspect an association with fraud or other infringements of the law.
1.4 Personalising a greeting card (personalised products)
Cards2Lanka aims to provide you with a fast, high-quality service. Please double-check your order on screen and your acknowledgement email carefully to check that all the details are correct. It is up to you to ensure that content you have contributed for inclusion in a personalised product is correct, and (for example) is correctly spelt.
Once an order is placed we cannot amend and order as the content you have created is saved as an image and is not editable any further by yourself or anyone else.
If you realise there is an error with the content of your order please contact our Customer Service Team via the Messenger Icon on our online store or via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are uploading a photo, images must be in JPEG or PNG format. Any other format such as Word documents and PDFs cannot be accepted. For best results, we advise that you make the image dimensions approximately 1,000 pixels for the smallest edge of your photos. We print images at 300DPI (Dots Per Inch), so if you are scanning the image we recommend you use this setting. If you try to upload a photo that has a lower resolution or image size, we will accept it however the print quality may not be as good.
By uploading, posting, contributing or including any content or material in a personalised product, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable licence (including the right to grant sub-licences through multiple tiers) to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute and communicate to the public that content or material solely for the purpose of performing obligations and exercising rights under these Terms.
1.5 Our Content Rules
Listed below are our content rules, we do not permit personalised products to include any content or material which:
- infringes anyone's copyright: in particular, you must ensure that you either own the copyright of an image or any other content that you wish to include in a personalised product or that you are fully licensed by the copyright owner to include that image or other content in the personalised product
- infringes any other rights, such as a trademark, of any person or entity or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality
- contravenes any applicable law (including, without limitation, any criminal law) or regulation
- is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person
- Misrepresents identity or impersonates any person
- includes any material containing personally identifying information about another person, such as their address, phone number, or email address, except with the written approval of that person
- contains material which is pornographic, obscene, indecent or offensive, which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group
- may harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any person
- gives the impression that it emanates from or has been approved by us
- advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act
1.6 Ordering multiple products
As we require a shipping address for the delivery of a greeting card (and/or a Gift voucher) we can only allow one greeting product per order. You can, however, add multiple Gift voucher products and they will be delivered to the same recipient and address as specified in the order for the greeting card.
If there is more than one greeting card product, there will be a message when checking out warning you to amend your order.
At www.cards2Lanka.com, you can pay for your products using a credit card, debit card, PayPal, Apple pay, Google pay or any other payment method which we make available to you at the time of your order.
Go to top
2. Sizes, supply and pricing of products
2.1 Size of our cards
All are cards are of A5 size (14.8cm, 5.8in x 21cm, 8.3in) when folded. They are avaialbe in Portrait or Landsacpe orientation.
2.2 Supply of Products
The cards and other products sold by us through our online store are printed and shipped from a range of different in-house and third-party production facilities based in the United Kingdom and Overseas.
The gift voucher products we provide are our own and also from third party suppliers. Our own gift voucher products are redeemable online at our store. For third party supplier gift vouchers, the recipient will need to directly engage with the third party supplier (based on instructions provided on the gift voucher) with details of the gift voucher for use in their stores or arrange delivery or collection of designated products as per the voucher.
By placing your order with us for a product which is despatched by us from Sri Lanka, you are agreeing to take title to your products at the point of despatch from our Sri Lanka production facilities and we will dispatch your products in Sri Lanka on your behalf. Your rights as a consumer are not adversely affected.
2.3 Prices and VAT
We are presently not registered for VAT and are hence not including VAT in our prices. The prices shown are the net you would be paying as a customer.
We are presently not registered for VAT and are hence not including VAT in our prices. Hence are unable to issue a VAT receipt.
2.4 Postage and packaging charges
For most items, prices are shown exclusive of postage and packaging charges; these will be shown separately at the checkout stage before you place your order.
Go to top
3. Delivery and order cut-off times
During the order process, we endeavour to fulfil all orders i.e. printed and handed over to the courier, on the given working day they are received subject to cut-off times listed below.
The order would then be delivered on the next working day or the day after the next working day based on the delivery address region.
However, Cards2Lanka does not guarantee delivery dates or times. The timelines indicated are what we typically aspire to achieve or most commonly achieve with our teams and delivery partners/couriers.
As per our the standard process agreed with our courier we collect delivery receipt acknowledgement from the recipient as proof of delivery.
We will make you aware of delivery charges before you place your order.
3.1 Cut-off and delivery times - Indicative
The delivery timelines below are what we endeavor to achieve, however it is not a guarantee of delivery timeframes. These are the timeline we often achieve.
|Order cut-off time||Delivery|
|Order placed by||Order delivered to the recipient by||Order delivered to the recipient by|
Next working day
Day after next working day
|All orders received up to the above cut-off time are taken for processing on the given working day. We then endeavour to fulfil them on the same working day as per times above||Regions: Colombo city, suburbs and some outstation locations||Regions: Outstation|
|Notification: Order confirmed email||Notification: Order fulfilled and tracking number email or text (if requested) once we ship the product and delivery recipt will be as per above timelines in a majority of cases.|
3.2 List of non-working days for 2021
All weekends (Saturday and Sunday) are non-working days with the following weekdays also being non-working days
- January, 14 Thursday
- January, 28 Thursday
- February, 04 Thursday
- February, 26 Friday
- March 11, Thursday
- April 02, Friday
- April 12, Monday
- April 13, Tuesday
- April 14, Wednesday
- April 15, Thursday
- April 16, Friday
- April 19, Monday
- April 26, Monday
- May 14, Friday
- May 26, Wednesday
- May 27, Thursday
- June 24, Thursday
- July 21, Wednesday
- July 23, Friday
- September 20, Monday
- October 19, Tuesday
- October 20, Wednesday
- November 04, Thursday
- November 18, Thursday
3.4 General fulfilment information
The fulfilment date is the day we handover the item you have ordered to the courier, it is not the day it will be delivered.
- Your order is likely to arrive much faster if you have a fully detailed address in Sri Lanka including a postcode
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address you provide for any order you place is correct
3.5 Circumstances Beyond Our Control
Our products and services are for personalised greeting cards and gift vouchers and are deemed to be non-critical service, where you or your recipient would not suffer mental, physical or financial damages due to delayed delivery or an error with the delivered product. Please do not use our products and services to convey any business or personal critical information or messages. We accept no liability if you have attempted to do so.
Neither we nor any delivery service that we use, shall be liable for any failure to perform services where such failure or delay results from any circumstances outside our reasonable control; these circumstances include but are not limited to adverse weather conditions (such as snow, flood and extreme winds), fire, explosion, accident, traffic congestion, obstruction of any private or public highway, riot, terrorism, act of God, industrial dispute, strike, the government-imposed curfews or local lockdowns.
Go to top
4. Changing or cancelling an order
We cannot change the content of a personalised greeting card once the order is placed as both any images you have used and any text message input is saved as a non-editable image for processing. If there is an issue with the content, and the order has not been printed we may be able to cancel the order for you.
Before you request a change or cancellation, it is best to check if the status of your order is showing as ‘unfulfilled', which can be found under the 'My Account' link at the top of our online store if you have created an account with us, or your order confirmation email does not have a tracking number.
However, even if the order is “Unfulfilled” or there is no “Tracking number” we may have already printed the order and it is being dispatched. Therefore we may not be able to cancel your order.
If you realise there is an error with the content of your order please contact our Customer Service Team (see below for details)
Go to top
5. Returns, refunds and re-print/re-send
At Cards2lanka, we always aim to send your cards in perfect condition. However, occasionally, a problem could arise. In the unlikely event that a product is faulty, or it is damaged in delivery or there is a product error such as it’s the wrong card, we ask you to contact us to let us know of the problem as soon as possible.
If for any reason you are not happy with your Cards2lanka order, please contact our Customer Service Team.
We will then advise you and work with you to resolve the issue, with options ranging from a Re-print and re-delivery to return and refund, in line with our return and refunds policy. This does not impact your statutory rights.
Please double-check your order on screen and your acknowledgement email carefully which has links to the greeting card personalisation you have done (not of print quality but adequate to prove the personalisation), to check that all the details are correct. It is up to you to ensure that content you have personalised in the personalised greeting card is correct.
It is also your responsibility to ensure you have provided the correct name, address and phone number of the recipient for delivery of the card.
Where the card or the print is faulty, we will ask you to send us a picture of the issue to our customer services team (see details below) within seven days of receipt.
If your card has not been received by your recipient within five working days of placement of the order OR your requested delivery date, please let us know immediately and we will work with you to resolve the issue.
We will then investigate the reason for non delivery as we collect proof of delivery via our courier service and advise you of the status and discuss options available.
5.1. Reprinting and re-sending cards
If the issue is to do with Cards2Lanka we will provide you the option of a free re-print and re-send.
Note that for reprints we cannot change any of the content of the original personalised card such as message text or user uploaded images and we can only correct any issues introduced during the printing and delivery process.
Reprints and re-send cannot be done if the fault is a result of your own actions such as product misuse or if personalisation is mis-spelt or if you have uploaded an image of a low resolution or size. Please see section 1.3 Personalising a greeting card (personalised products), for more information.
Free reprinting and re-sending will be offered if the card has not been delivered by our courier and there is no proof of acknowledgement by the recipient or another residing at the given delivery address.
If the issue is to do with Cards2Lanka be it product fault or non delivery of the greeting card after five working days of the order date or the user specified delivery date and there is no proof of acknowledgement by the recipient or another residing at the given delivery address, we will provide you the option of a re-fund.
Note that we cannot issue a refund for any gift vouchers you may have purchased. In the event there is a gift voucher in your order and the order has not been delivered, we will provide you with the option to re-send the greeting card and the gift voucher to the intended recipient.
In the event there is a gift voucher in your order and the order has been delivered but there is a fault with the greeting card attributable to Cards2Lanka, we will provide you with the option to re-send the greeting card or offer you a refund for the value of the greeting card paid.
Go to top
6. Contacting customer services
You can contact our customer services team via the Messenger Icon on our online store, or visiting our Facebook page or via emailing email@example.com
Please send us your order number, the email address you provided when placing the order and your Name so we can answer your query and support you as quickly as possible.
Emails and messages are answered during working days (See our non-working days above) in the order they are received.
We aim to acknowledge any complaint within 7 working days (often much earlier than this), and will do our best to resolve it within 14 days.
Please note that in some circumstances we may be able to speak to you via messenger if that would be preferable or provide you with a UK phone number to get in contact with us if the issue cannot be resolved via messenger or email.
Go to top
This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about you when you do the above and buy Products from us or otherwise provide your personal data to us and
7.1 The type of personal information do we collect
When you access our online store and register an account or purchase a product from we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- a username and password;
- first name, last name;
- billing addresses, email address and phone number(s);
- payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) and the last 4 digits;
- your Images and other User Content;
- correspondence with us;
- your preferences about receiving communications from us;
- information about your use of our online store, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
- you would need to supply us with the personal information of a third party* (for example, their name and address and phone number) for the delivery of your personalised greeting card.
We will not use this information for anything other than providing the Services from which the data was supplied.
When ordering you are asked to provide a phone number of the recipient of the greeting card, note that the phone number will be provided to the deliverer of your order – to assist with the delivery process.
We may also collect some of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
7.2 Using your personal information the approach we take
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us.
When you purchase a product with us and agree to our terms and conditions, we process specific data that allows us to:
- to provide the service to you under our agreement;
- to create personalised Products selected by you;
- to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- if you elect to store an encrypted Payment Method with us, to associate that Payment Method with you when you place an order;
- to tailor aspects of our online store (including its search function and offers) to you;
- to process payments, you make for Products;
- to pass your Product order for Printing by third party printing services provides engaged by us
- to give your Product order for delivery by third-party deliverer services providers employed by us both in the UK and Sri Lanka.
- to provide customer support and improve your customer experience;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS), concerning the products or services you have purchased.
If you’ve told us it’s fine (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we would like to contact you to provide information about products or services we think might interest you. If you have also provided your date of birth, we will use this to send you a message on your birthday. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
For legitimate business reasons, we will also process your data for customer satisfaction and experience improvement purposes, for example by analysing data we hold about you and combining it with data held by third parties, to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and therefore offer goods and services that are likely to have the significant value to you. We would also use this data in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
We do not store any Payment Method details with us and only retain the Card Type (Visa, Master etc) and the last 4 digits of your credit card number provided to us by the payments services provider www.shopify.com for identification purposes only.
We may use automatically collect anonymous information about your use of our online store, For example, we may automatically log which parts of our store you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked our store. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of our online store and to help target advertising to you more accurately.
7.3 When we have to disclose your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and affiliated companies and data processors (including deliverers and payment service providers) under contract with us. To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- Information technology (hardware and software) companies
- Payment processing companies
- Physical printing service providers
- Delivery and courier services
- Fraud prevention companies
- Advertising and marketing services companies
- The company that is the holding company of Cards2Lanka or direct subsidiaries of Cards2Lanka once that structure is available
We will not share your data with any other categories of the organisation without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Card2Lanka business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Cards2Lanka or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Cards2Lanka about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
7.4 Helping you manage your marketing preferences
When you sign up, we will ask you if you’d like to receive information about other products and services. The emails and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification). You can change your preferences at any time on the Account Details page. Alternatively, you can click “Unsubscribe” on any email you receive or reply “STOP” to an SMS.
We use advertising and marketing services companies to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing preferences or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
You can also choose to receive reminders when it’s time to send your friend or relative another card or gift. This is a feature we will provide you with in the future.
7.5 Working with international partners to provide services
We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third-party data processors located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and to other Cards2Lanka companies (in future) in connection with the above purposes. Please be aware that countries outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom; however, we always require that third party data processors deal with your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice. Any transfers are done in accordance with the standards laid down by the EU Commission and/or UK Information Commissioners office.
7.6 Retention of your personal data
If you have not logged into your account for 48 months, your personal details and any photos or other content will be deleted. We retain other minimal data for tax, anti-fraud and other purposes in accordance with our data retention policy.
7.7 Your legal rights and any complaints
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- The right to receive a copy of your data free of charge (know as a Subject Access Request)
- The right to receive certain data in an electronic format that can be given to another provider (a portability request)
- The right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate
- The right to ask us to stop processing or object to processing under certain circumstances
- The right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing
To discuss any of these rights, please contact Customer Services by email firstname.lastname@example.org
`Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection regulator. In our case, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK. Details of how to contact them can be found at ICO.org.uk.
7.8 Linking through to third party sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
7.9 Maintaining a high standard of security
We employ significant technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by our Site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, there are things we can all do to help stay safe and secure online:
- ensure no-one else uses Card2Lanka online store through your Account;
- log off or exit from your Cards2Lanka online Account when not using it;
- keep your password or other access information secret;
- use different passwords for different services you use online
- ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
7.10 Spam and phishing emails
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Go to top